Introducing a simple and delicious side dish: roasted dill carrots. With just a few simple ingredients you can transform humble carrots into a delicious side dish. Roasting in the oven with olive oil and orange juice creates tender, caramelized carrots that are simply irresistible. Top them off with fresh dill before serving for a burst of herbaceous flavor.
I’m constantly seeking out new and exciting side dishes to mix up my meal routine. From grain-based salads like quinoa to roasted vegetables such as broccoli rabe, I’m always open to trying something new.
Carrots are an especially versatile vegetable and incredibly affordable which makes them a great ingredient to experiment with!
Why this recipe works
The combination of fresh dill and roasted carrots creates a unique and delicious flavor profile that is both herbaceous and slightly sweet. Simply roasting carrots in olive oil and freshly squeezed orange juice enhances the carrot flavor.
Ingredients you’ll need
- The humble carrot takes center stage, roasted to perfection in flavorful olive oil.
- Orange is a classic pairing with carrots. I add a bit of freshly squeezed juice to the carrots before roasting to help them caramelize in the oven.
- Fresh dill adds herbaceous notes to the dish, you won’t want to use dried dill here as it has a much more grassy flavor which can be overpowering.
Step by step instructions
- Preheat your oven to 400F. In a 9×13 baking dish, toss carrots with the olive oil and orange juice until well coated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until they are tender and starting to caramelize. The olive oil and orange juice should thicken slightly and become syrupy in texture.
- Remove the carrots from the oven and sprinkle with fresh dill, tossing gently to combine.