I am a passionate foodie; I love to eat as much as I love to cook. My name is Louisa, but you can call me Lou. I celebrate all things food by creating simple, fresh and flavourful recipes to inspire others. When I’m not in my own kitchen, I’m likely trying a new Toronto hotspot or I am busy sampling the latest food trends.
Born and raised in Toronto, Ontario, I’ve been completely smitten with cooking and baking ever since getting my first Betty Crocker Kids’ Cookbook when I was seven years old. Without even realizing what I was doing, I started developing “recipes” for my Easy Bake Oven (I still have the notebook with these early handwritten recipes!).
I started Living Lou two weeks after my 17th birthday. I was looking for a creative outlet for my passion for food and I fell madly in love with the entire process. From recipe testing and development, through to the photography, writing, and developing the branding, Living Lou is a complete expression of who I am.
With a degree in film and media production, I consider myself an aspiring Renaissance woman. I was fortunate to spend a year working in the Chatelaine Test Kitchen where I was trained by some of the best cooks and food writers in the country.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with me at [email protected] – I love hearing from you!
Not sure where to start? Visit my Start Here page for more.
Living Lou was born in May 2010, two weeks after my 17th birthday as a fun and creative outlet for my passion for food. Living Lou is a journey and has presented me with many opportunities including partnering with some of my favourite brands, collaborating on a number of exciting campaigns and being involved in all things food from TV, to print to digital media. Living Lou was chosen as Hill & Knowlton’s top 10 food blogs to follow as well as Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution Blog of the month. I have developed recipes for Metro News, Chatelaine, Today’s Parent and Walmart Live Better and have written for multiple media outlets including Chatelaine.com, Cityline.ca, Thekit.ca and The College Prepster. I have also worked with a number of brands such as Dairy Farmers of Canada, KitchenAid, Kraft Canada, Lavazza, and Mushrooms Canada.
WORK WITH ME
I’ve loved collaborating with many brands, companies and bloggers over the years and I’d love to work with you! Please don’t hesitate to contact me at [email protected] to chat. Opportunities include recipe development, food photography, sponsored posts, brand ambassador/sponsorship, video work, TV appearances, events and conferences.
YOU CAN FIND ME…
YouTube: Living Lou Recipes
Include both Louisa’s personal accomplishments in the food industry and those of Living Lou.
- Hill + Knowlton Strategies Top 10 Canadian Food Blogs
- Psychology of Eating Top 100 Foodie Blogs of 2015, 2013 and 2012
- Canada’s Top 25 Food Bloggers
- Coffee Lovers 101 Top 100 Coffee & Food blogs of 2013
- Macewan Eats Favourite Healthy Bloggers, 2014
- Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution: Blog Of the Month
- Mushroom’s Canada Mushroom’s Mania Recipe Contest, 2nd place winner
TV, video & appearances:
- Facebook Live, watch segment here
- Jr. ECTV, featured food expert, watch segment here
- Breakfast Television, watch segment here, segment here and segment here
- Chatelaine, Metro Kitchen Apprentice program: one, two, three, four
- Rottman Women’s Leadership Symposium, food panel, moderator
- Taste of Toronto, Metro Masterclass
- Ryerson Journalism school, and York University, guest speaker on personal branding
- Chatelaine, contributing blogger, Metro Kitchen Apprentice program, 2015
- Cityline, contributing writer, Cityline.ca, 2013-2014, 2016, 2017
- The College Prepster, food and recipe contributor, CollegePrepster.com
- 680news.com, How to Host a Canada Day Party, July 2013
- Eat In Eat Out Magazine, Chocolate Ginger Mousse, February 20th, 2013, Summer 2012 Featured Blogger
- Sweet Lemon Magazine, December Issue (2012), Valentine’s Day Issue (2013)
- Recipe featured on News Canada
- Foodie Crush Magazine, recipe contributor, Foodie Crush Magazine
- Lentils Canada recipe published, Recipe Revelations Ebook
- CarrotLines, media sponsor and brand ambassador (2013), CarrottLines.com
- The Zesty Digest, food writer
- Sweet Potato Chronicles, weekly blogger, sweetpotatochronicles.com (2012)
- The Kit Magazine, Health and Wellness Blogger, TheKit.ca, (2011)
Recent features & mentions:
- Readers Digest UK, 10 lighter recipes for January, January 2017
- MSN.com, 25 speedy sides for stress free dinners, December 2016
- Huffington Post, 21 Canada Day recipes perfect for picnics, June 2016
- Fitness Magazine, 10 Brilliant Bento Box Ideas for Lunch, March 2016
- Better Homes and Gardens, Baked Goods with Beer, February 2016
- Babycentre UK, 29 Homemade Takeaways, February 2016
- The Everygirl, Essential Tips and Recipes for a Foolproof Thanksgiving, November 2015
- Arctic Gardens, 15 Desserts Recipes for a Perfect Christmas, December 2015
- Redbook Magazine, 12 healthy desserts that actually taste good, June 2015
- Fave Gluten Free Recipes, multiple recipes featured
- Mushrooms Canada