I am a passionate foodie; I love to eat as much as I love to cook. My name is Louisa, but you can call me Lou. I celebrate all things food by creating simple, fresh and flavourful recipes to inspire others.
Born and raised in Toronto, Ontario, I’ve been completely smitten with cooking and baking ever since getting my first Betty Crocker Kids’ Cookbook when I was seven years old. Without even realizing what I was doing, I started developing “recipes” for my Easy Bake Oven (I still have the notebook with these early handwritten recipes!).
If you’re like me and most of my readers, you’re a modern, busy and budget conscious foodie. I want to say, welcome! I’m so looking forward to being a part of your cooking journey. Thank you for choosing Living Lou as one of your foodie destinations.
I have no formal training, but I spent a year working in the test kitchen of one Canada’s most popular women’s lifestyle magazines. I’ve been running Living Lou for ten years and I love it. I’ve had daily a food column in the newspaper, Metro News, appeared on national television and given cooking demos at Williams Sonoma and other events in Toronto.
With a degree in film and media production, I consider myself an aspiring Renaissance woman.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with me at [email protected] – I love hearing from you!
Not sure where to start? Visit my Start Here page for more.
I started Living Lou in 2010, two weeks after my 17th birthday. I was looking for a creative outlet for my passion for food and I fell madly in love with the entire process. From recipe testing and development, through to the photography, writing, and developing the branding, Living Lou is a complete expression of who I am.
I’ve been developing recipes for ten years and have created content for some of the top Canadian and international food and media brands.
Living Lou was chosen as Hill & Knowlton’s top 10 food blogs to follow as well as Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution Blog of the month. I have developed recipes for Metro News, Chatelaine, Today’s Parent and Walmart Live Better and have written for multiple media outlets including Chatelaine.com, Cityline.ca, Thekit.ca and The College Prepster.
I have also worked with a number of brands such as Hamilton Beach, Dairy Farmers of Canada, KitchenAid, Kraft Canada, Lavazza, and Mushrooms Canada.
WORK WITH ME
I’ve loved collaborating with many brands, companies and bloggers over the years and I’d love to work with you! Please don’t hesitate to contact me at [email protected] to chat. Opportunities include recipe development, food photography, sponsored posts, brand ambassador/sponsorship, video work, TV appearances, events and conferences.
YOU CAN FIND ME…
YouTube: Living Lou Recipes
Include both Louisa’s personal accomplishments in the food industry and those of Living Lou.
- Hill + Knowlton Strategies Top 10 Canadian Food Blogs
- Psychology of Eating Top 100 Foodie Blogs of 2015, 2013 and 2012
- Canada’s Top 25 Food Bloggers
- Coffee Lovers 101 Top 100 Coffee & Food blogs of 2013
- Macewan Eats Favourite Healthy Bloggers, 2014
- Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution: Blog Of the Month
- Mushroom’s Canada Mushroom’s Mania Recipe Contest, 2nd place winner
TV, video & appearances:
- Elmwood Spa, resident food Instagram Live host (2020)
- Hamilton Beach #MakeItWithHB segment.
- Facebook Live, watch segment here
- Jr. ECTV, featured food expert, watch segment here
- Breakfast Television, watch segment here, segment here and segment here
- Chatelaine, Metro Kitchen Apprentice program: one, two, three, four
- Rottman Women’s Leadership Symposium, food panel, moderator
- Taste of Toronto, Metro Masterclass
- Ryerson Journalism school, and York University, guest speaker on personal branding
- MetroNews, daily recipe columnist 2017-2018
- Chatelaine, contributing blogger, Metro Kitchen Apprentice program, 2015
- Cityline, contributing writer, Cityline.ca, 2013-2014, 2016, 2017
- The College Prepster, food and recipe contributor, CollegePrepster.com
- 680news.com, How to Host a Canada Day Party, July 2013
- Eat In Eat Out Magazine, Chocolate Ginger Mousse, February 20th, 2013, Summer 2012 Featured Blogger
- Sweet Lemon Magazine, December Issue (2012), Valentine’s Day Issue (2013)
- Recipe featured on News Canada
- Foodie Crush Magazine, recipe contributor, Foodie Crush Magazine
- Lentils Canada recipe published, Recipe Revelations Ebook
- CarrotLines, media sponsor and brand ambassador (2013), CarrottLines.com
- The Zesty Digest, food writer
- Sweet Potato Chronicles, weekly blogger, sweetpotatochronicles.com (2012)
- The Kit Magazine, Health and Wellness Blogger, TheKit.ca, (2011)
Recent features & mentions:
- Good Housekeeping, 25 Amazing Bread Machine Recipes That Make Home Baking a Breeze (2020)
- Prevention.com, 35 Healthy Slow-Cooker Soups That’ll Make Weeknight Dinners So Simple (2019)
- Prevention.com, 12 Simple Ways to Prep a Bento Box for Lunch (2018)
- Readers Digest UK, 10 lighter recipes for January, January 2017
- MSN.com, 25 speedy sides for stress free dinners, December 2016
- Huffington Post, 21 Canada Day recipes perfect for picnics, June 2016
- Fitness Magazine, 10 Brilliant Bento Box Ideas for Lunch, March 2016
- Better Homes and Gardens, Baked Goods with Beer, February 2016
- Babycentre UK, 29 Homemade Takeaways, February 2016
- The Everygirl, Essential Tips and Recipes for a Foolproof Thanksgiving, November 2015
- Arctic Gardens, 15 Desserts Recipes for a Perfect Christmas, December 2015
- Redbook Magazine, 12 healthy desserts that actually taste good, June 2015
- Fave Gluten Free Recipes, multiple recipes featured
- Mushrooms Canada