Use pesto and parmesan for an easy way to add flavour to roasted cauliflower.
Cauliflower, while delicious roasted on its own, really benefits from the addition of herbs and spices. This one of those recipes that seems pretty obvious; toss your cauliflower with your favourite store-bought pesto (or make your own pesto).
Pesto is easily one of my favourite condiments. It adds a ton of fresh flavour with literally zero effort. For that reason, I really think that this is one of the best cauliflower recipes.
It’s a side dish you can add to your repertoire and pull out pretty much whenever you have a head of cauliflower that needs to be used, plus the ingredient list is simple and made up of things you probably already have on hand.
This side dish would go really well with a variety of proteins, but I think it would pair perfectly with balsamic and sage glazed pork chops.
And if you’re wondering about other ways to use that pesto? How about making one of my favourite sandwiches inspired by a trip to Italy; a prosciutto, mozzarella and pesto-marinated tomato sandwich.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp chili flakes
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Whisk pesto with olive oil, salt and chili flakes. Toss with cauliflower on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast in the oven for 15-18 minutes until cauliflower is starting to brown and caramelize.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.
Leave a Review