The best triple berry smoothie is made with yogurt, banana, frozen berries, peanut butter and a handful of spinach or kale. This delicious smoothie is packed with everything you need to start your day! Sponsored by Hamilton Beach.
There is something about a mixed berry smoothie that is just so good and refreshing. Mostly, what I love about this breakfast is that I always have the ingredients on hand. I also like that it adds variety to my mornings to switch things up from my spinach banana smoothie or overnight berry oats.
Why this recipe works
This smoothie can be made no matter the season and is made with whole food ingredients like yogurt, banana, mixed berries, oats and peanut butter. Blend it all up with some milk for a delicious, easy smoothie that’s perfect to enjoy on-the-go or at your desk.
This recipe makes enough for one serving, but can be easily doubled or tripled.
I like to use my Hamilton Beach Personal Creations™ Blender with travel lid (it’s under $20!).
- Use your favourite frozen berries; I like to use one that has strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. That’s what gives this smoothie its bright and bold colour.
- Yogurt is the key to all delicious smoothies. It adds creaminess to the finished recipe, you can use your favourite; I typically opt for a plain Greek yogurt.
- Oats may seem like a surprising ingredient, but I always add them to my smoothies to help make the smoothie a little heartier and more filling.
- For liquid, I use milk. You could use a non-dairy milk or like almond or oat milk.
- Greens! Yes, I add a tiny bit of frozen kale or spinach. It’s not enough to alter the colour; I promise you (and your kids) won’t even notice it.
- Peanut butter is an ingredient I always add instead of protein powder.
- Add the liquid first, this will help the other ingredients to blend smoothly.
- I find the berries are sweet enough, but you could always add a touch of honey for added sweetness.
- Make sure to use frozen banana and not fresh, this will help with the creaminess of your smoothie, and you won’t need to add any ice.
- If you’re looking for a thinner smoothie, you can use less yogurt or leave out the oats.
Frequently asked questions
I always like to use milk or non-dairy milks. If you don’t have any on hand, apple juice or orange juice can work. You could even use coconut water.
Let me know if you give this triple berry smoothie recipe a try in the comments below.