Made with crunchy peanut butter and semi-sweet chocolate, serve these peanut butter-oatmeal chocolate chunk cookies with a glass of milk!
For as long as I can remember, I have always preferred chocolate chunk cookies to chocolate chip cookies. I always love seeing the big chunks of chocolate in my cookies because it reminds me of the delicious ginormous cookies you can find at bakeries around the city. Plus, I always find that there with chocolate chunk cookies, there will most likely be more chocolate, which is a win in my eyes because I don’t believe there is such a thing as too much chocolate. These cookies use an entire 225g package of Baker’s semi-sweet chocolate (about 8 oz), which you chop up into whatever size chunks you desire. I like to cut some into smaller pieces so you have chocolate specks sprinkled throughout the dough as well as some larger chunks that poke out of the peanut butter-oatmeal cookies.
If you’re crazy for peanut butter and chocolate (who isn’t?) you should check out this collection of peanut butter and chocolate recipes to get started. It was so tough to pick a recipe for this month’s What’s Cooking theme, but I went with this classic cookie and I am so glad that I did. I can’t even count the number of people who have asked me for the recipe. Last year, I shared a delicious peppermint cheesecake square recipe which is another incredible and decadent treat, I think a platter of these peanut butter-oatmeal chocolate chunk cookies and peppermint cheesecake squares would be incredible this holiday season.
Peanut butter-oatmeal chocolate chunk cookie recipe breakdown
With crunchy peanut butter, oatmeal and chunks of semi-sweet chocolate, these cookies combine chocolate and peanut butter into a perfect chewy cookie. This recipe yield 42 cookies which makes the perfect amount to share with friends and family this holiday season.
Peanut Butter-Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1-1/2 cups Kraft Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 pkg., 225 g Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate, chopped
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Beat peanut butter and butter in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Add sugars; beat until light and fluffy. Blend in eggs and vanilla.
- Mix oats, flour and baking soda. Add to peanut butter mixture; beat until blended. Stir in chocolate.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of dough, 1 inch apart, onto baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 min. or just until centres are set. Cool on baking sheets 3 min. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
Let me know if you give these cookies a try in the comments below!