Make lasagna a breeze with frozen ravioli as the noodle and delicious layers! It takes just 15 minutes of prep time for this comforting, easy, and hearty crockpot dish that’s perfect for busy days when you’re craving saucy pasta. This slow cooker ravioli lasagna is a family favorite, loaded with hidden veggies.
I make tons of recipes for dinner that don’t end up making it to this blog. This is one of those dishes I never thought would live here, but it is so easy, effortless and delicious I knew it deserved a place in the archives.
Why this recipe works
This crockpot lasagna is a cheat code for an easy and delicious meal! Simply toss all the ingredients into the slow cooker, grate some cheese over top, and let it cook on low for four hours.
It’s perfect for busy evenings when you can throw everything together in the afternoon and come home to a ready-to-eat dinner. Think a casserole, but modern and updated!
Ingredients you’ll need
- Start by grabbing a package of frozen ravioli (about 1 lb, typically 400g/14oz). You can use beef or cheese-filled ravioli, depending on your preference.
- As a sneaky way to add extra veggies, grate some carrot and finely chop red bell pepper to toss in with the ravioli. These add a hint of sweetness and flavor to the finished dish, without being noticeable.
- Grab a jar of marinara sauce or make your own 20-minute marinara sauce.
- Finally for the cheesy topping I like to grate some mozzarella.
- To add the perfect finishing touch, garnish with fresh basil. The aroma and flavor of fresh basil will elevate the lasagna to a whole new level.
Step by step instructions
- Add marinara sauce, carrot, bell pepper and frozen ravioli to your crockpot insert. Stir around to evenly distribute the vegetables and coat the ravioli.
- Sprinkle-grated mozzarella evenly over top.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Double the recipe: This recipe can easily be doubled (and cooked in the same amount of time) if you want lots of leftovers or are serving a bigger family. I’ve made this with enough food to serve eight people!
- Choose the right ravioli: Opt for a frozen ravioli that will hold up well in the slow cooker. Look for ravioli that is a bit on the thicker side, and not overly filled or delicate.
- Change up the tomato sauce: Add some chili flakes or choose an arabiatta sauce if you’re a fan of spice.
- No need to layer: I know it sounds crazy, but you don’t actually need to layer anything for a crockpot ravioli lasagna. Everything gets mixed around so it’s a bit more casserole-like.
Try these Italian-inspired slow cooker recipes
- Slow cooker meatballs in tomato sauce are one of my go-to recipes. Simply assemble the meatballs and cook in a homemade tomato sauce (or store bought marinara).
- Slow cooker shredded puttanesca chicken has all of the flavors of Puttanesca pasta but made in the crockpot. Serve over rice or with pasta for an easy dinner.