[Hi everyone, thanks for reading! I just wanted to let you know that I’m currently running a quick 2-minute, 10 question reader survey and would really appreciate your feedback! You can find the survey here.]
These Puff Pastry Plum Tarts are the perfect example of trying to hold on to summer. You see, classes start up again in one week. I am not ready. Is anyone ever ready? This summer has been pretty insane. It’s been a bit of a roller coaster, up and down, down and up. There’s been a lot of changes this summer, plans changing, people changing, lives changing. That might sound a little over dramatic, but it’s not. After six years, my sister found out that she outgrew her epilepsy. It’s unbelievable. I was floored when I heard. I didn’t even know that could happen, and I couldn’t be happier for her, for our family. Finishing on an upswing is probably the best way to end the summer. This last positive boom makes the negativity of earlier this summer seem like a blip.
Puff Pastry Plum Tarts have been a constant character in my summer. I’ve been making them pretty frequently since June, for potlucks or dinner parties or just for my family and neighbours. You know how there is always a song of the summer? I think these Puff Pastry Plum Tarts are my dessert of the summer.
Yields 18-24 tarts
A buttery summer dessert using seasonal plums - perfect for a potluck!
25 minCook Time
- 4 plums, diced
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 sheet of puff pastry cut into 15-18 squares
- Sprinkle of flour for rolling out dough
- 1 egg + 1 tbsp water (egg wash)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss diced plums with brown sugar, melted butter, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Next, roll out puff pastry on a floured surface and cut into squares.
- Brush squares with egg wash.
- In the centre of each square of dough, place roughly 2 teaspoons of plum mixture. Transfer dough to a greased baking sheet,
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until dough is golden.
Recipe by Louisa Clements
Enjoy these Puff Pastry Plum Tarts!
Leave a Review