Inspired by a favourite holiday pie, this pecan pie cheesecake has a gooey pecan topping, graham cracker crust and cream cheese filling.
Pecan pie is without a doubt my favourite dessert, but I’ve also fallen madly in love with cheesecake since I posted my caramel apple crisp cheesecake last year. So this recipe for pecan pie cheesecake is the perfect combination of my two favourite things. I’m not really a dessert person per se (I lean more towards the savoury side of the spectrum), but if I do choose to indulge in dessert, you can bet that there are pecans or chocolate, or cream cheese involved.
I’ve also had more time for baking, of course I made my annual Christmas cookies, but I also wanted to make a cheesecake so I took a quick browse through these cheesecake recipes because if you’re going to indulge in cheesecake, you might as well make it during the holidays! My dad loves cheesecake and he was itching to get a slice of this pecan pie cheesecake.
This holiday season has been a lot more laid back for me than last year. I feel like last year there was a holiday party or gathering every other day but this year has had a lot more R&R. Something which has been much needed considering I feel like I’ve been running on empty for the past couple of months. I’m not the best at this slowing down, relaxing thing. I don’t like to just sit at home and do nothing, I get bored really easily and always need to be doing things whether it’s out with friends or keeping myself busy at home. I don’t really know how to “shut down”, which I think is something most people can relate to, right? I think that’s why I’ve been able to keep up with this blog over the years; when I’m home in the evenings or at home on the weekend, this is what I do.
I have only taken one day off for the holidays, but the way Christmas fell this year having an extended 4-day long weekend has been incredible to spend time with my friends and family. It’s also been nice to actually have the time to sit down and plan out what I want for this space next year, the recipes I’ll be posting, I’ve been able to update posts and put more time into social media (I’m still in love with Instagram, be sure to follow me there). I’m thinking that 2017 will have big things for this space and I’m so excited for what is to come!
Pecan pie cheesecake
- 1 ¼ cups graham crumbs
- 5 tbsp butter, melted, divided
- 1.5 lbs cream cheese, softened, about 3 packages
- 1 ¼ cups packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 eggs, divided
- ¼ cup dark corn syrup
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix graham crumbs and 4 Tbsp. butter; press onto the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese, ¾ cup sugar and vanilla with mixer until blended. Add 3 eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each; until just blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake 30 min. Meanwhile, mix remaining sugar and butter until blended. Beat in remaining eggs and corn syrup; stir in nuts. Remove cheesecake from oven; gently spoon nut mixture over cheesecake. Return to oven.
- Bake 40 min. or until nut mixture is set. Cool completely. Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by KraftHeinz Canada – as always, all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting my sponsors and allowing me to continue creating recipes like this pecan pie cheesecake recipe!
Leave a Review