This dish was a complete fluke. Scrambled eggs with kale and prosciutto you say? Weird combination, right? Wrong. This started out as one of those, throw whatever you have into the pan kind of breakfasts, something that was not destined for the blog. And then it worked, and tasted magical. And I knew I had to share it, plus, sharing it required making it a few more times to get it just right, and that I could do. Food blogging can be pretty time consuming, but it’s amazing when you can recipe test a dish in the morning before work and have a delicious breakfast.
You may have seen me post this on Instagram earlier this week – I like to top mine with lots of hot sauce. Yum.
A simple breakfast scramble that will impress your guests!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 slices of prosciutto, diced
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- hot sauce for serving (Optional, but highly recommended!)
- In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add prosciutto and cook for 4-5 minutes or until starting to crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Add chopped kale to pan. Turn down heat to low. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn heat back up to medium. Crack eggs into pan, stir with kale and prosciutto.
- When eggs begin cooking add in cheddar cheese. Scramble until fully cooked and cheese has melted.
- Serve with lots of hot sauce.
Scrambled Eggs with Kale and Prosciutto is a simple breakfast made with 5 ingredients and the recipe can easily be reduced or doubled,