- 4 lbs Roma tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 onions, quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- ¾ cup water
- 1 5.5oz can of tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup heavy cream, optional
- ¾ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
To your pressure cooker add the tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, garlic and water. On top of those ingredients, add the tomato paste, dried oregano, dried basil and salt.
Lock lid and point valve to sealing. Set to cook at high pressure for 10 minutes. When the cook time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes. Carefully vent to release any remaining pressure and open the lid.
Puree the soup either with an immersion blender or using a regular blender. Stir in heavy cream, if using.
- Be sure to follow the order of ingredients when adding to the pressure cooker. If you have the tomato paste on the bottom, you run the risk of it burning as your pot comes to pressure.
- It may not seem like there is enough water being added to the pot, don't worry! The tomatoes, bell peppers and onions will all release liquid as the soup cooks.
Leave a comment + rating and let me know what you think!