Hi there, I’m Louisa Clements, but you can call me Lou and welcome to Living Lou. I’m 22 years old and am from Toronto, Ontario. I have been completely smitten with cooking and baking ever since getting my first Betty Crocker Kids Cookbook when I was about 7. To this day, I still use recipes from that wonderful book, and look to it for inspiration.
I am passionate about leading a healthy lifestyle and inspiring others to follow suit, creating simple, fresh and flavourful recipes. My love for cooking is known by everyone. I’m always surprising friends with new recipes to try and test and I never show up empty handed to a party.
While I spend lots of time on Living Lou, it’s not the only thing that I do. I have a degree in film and media production and work in the media industry. You can also find me checking out the latest restaurants around Toronto, attending events with my favourite brands, freelance writing for various online media outlets and producing online video content.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with me at [email protected] – I love hearing from you!
Living Lou was born in May 2010, two weeks after my 17th birthday as a fun and creative outlet for my passion for food. Living Lou is a journey and has presented me with many opportunities including partnering with some of my favourite brands, collaborating on a number of exciting campaigns and being involved in all things food from TV, to print to digital media. Living Lou was chosen as Hill & Knowlton’s top 10 food blogs to follow as well as Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution Blog of the month. I have written for multiple media outlets including Chatelaine.com, Cityline.ca, Thekit.ca and The College Prepster and have worked with a number of brands such as KitchenAid, Kraft Canada, Lavazza, Mushrooms Canada.
WORK WITH ME
I’ve loved collaborating with many brands, companies and bloggers over the years and I’d love to work with you! Please don’t hesitate to contact me at [email protected] to chat. Opportunities include recipe development, food photography, sponsored posts, brand ambassador/sponsorship, video work, TV appearances, events and conferences.
YOU CAN FIND ME…
YouTube: Living Lou Recipes
Include both Louisa’s personal accomplishments in the food industry and those of Living Lou.
- Hill + Knowlton Strategies Top 10 Canadian Food Blogs
- Psychology of Eating Top 100 Foodie Blogs of 2015, 2013 and 2012
- Canada’s Top 25 Food Bloggers
- Coffee Lovers 101 Top 100 Coffee & Food blogs of 2013
- Macewan Eats Favourite Healthy Bloggers, 2014
- Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution: Blog Of the Month
- Mushroom’s Canada Mushroom’s Mania Recipe Contest, 2nd place winner
TV, video & appearances:
- Jr. ECTV, featured food expert, watch segment here
- Breakfast Television, watch segment here, segment here and segment here
- Chatelaine, Metro Kitchen Apprentice program: one, two, three, four
- Rottman Women’s Leadership Symposium, food panel, moderator
- Taste of Toronto, Metro Masterclass
- Ryerson Journalism school, guest speaker on personal branding
- Chatelaine, contributing blogger, Metro Kitchen Apprentice program, 2015
- Cityline, contributing writer, Cityline.ca, 2013-2014
- The College Prepster, food and recipe contributor, CollegePrepster.com
- 680news.com, How to Host a Canada Day Party, July 2013
- Eat In Eat Out Magazine, Chocolate Ginger Mousse, February 20th, 2013, Summer 2012 Featured Blogger
- Sweet Lemon Magazine, December Issue (2012), Valentine’s Day Issue (2013)
- Recipe featured on News Canada
- Foodie Crush Magazine, recipe contributor, Foodie Crush Magazine
- Lentils Canada recipe published, Recipe Revelations Ebook
- CarrotLines, media sponsor and brand ambassador (2013), CarrottLines.com
- The Zesty Digest, food writer
- Sweet Potato Chronicles, weekly blogger, sweetpotatochronicles.com (2012)
- The Kit Magazine, Health and Wellness Blogger, TheKit.ca, (2011)
Recent features & mentions:
- Redbook Magazine, 12 healthy desserts that actually taste good, June 2015
- Redbook Magazine, Put an Egg on it, June 2015
- Fave Gluten Free Recipes, multiple recipes featured
- Mushrooms Canada
- SheKnows.com. Simple Chicken Recipes, March 2014
- The Prepper Project, 13 SHTF Sauces You Can Make From Home, March 2015