Maple walnut cookies combine maple and walnuts for the ultimate Canadian cookie that is buttery and sweet with a little crunch.
I can’t be the only one craving cookies like crazy these days, can I? These maple walnut cookies are an old favourite of mine, and I think they will quickly become a favourite of yours too. I actually created this cookie recipe about three years ago, and my best friend just reminded me about them over the holidays. You know you develop too many recipes when you forget about an absolutely delicious and perfect maple walnut cookie. These cookies are sweetened with brown sugar and maple syrup, the chopped walnuts add some crunch and there is a little bit of unsweetened coconut in here to give them that extra little “je ne sais quoi”.
It’s been so cold the past couple of weeks that all I’ve been wanting to do is bake and eat whatever treats I have made. I’ve been making a ton of granola (a new recipe will be coming your way soon) and of course, indulging in some cookies. It took me a while to decide what I would make for this post, but in the end, I felt like no one would complain about a chewy and sweet cookie at a baby shower. Right? It’s time for another celebration, and today we’re celebrating Jan from Family Bites because she’s having a baby! I always love participating in these virtual baby showers for friends, but I never know what I should “bring” to these showers
We’ve got such a wonderful, talented community of bloggers up here in the great white north, and we’ve all come together to celebrate Jan and her new baby boy! Be sure to check out all of the other posts which are linked at the bottom of this post.
A Canadian Virtual Baby Shower
We’re celebrating Jan of Family Bites today and the impending arrival of her baby boy!
- Mardi from eat. live. travel. write made blueberry cheesecake macarons
- Julie from Dinner with Julie made lemon tart
- Heather from The Tasty Gardener made Cream Puffs with Caramel Cream and Chocolate Pretzel Top
- Isabelle from Crumb: A Food Blog made Blackberry Meringue Bars
- Jennifer from Seasons and Suppers made Baby Blueberry Beignets
- Christina from Strawberries For Supper made Chocolate Madeleines
- Jenny from The Brunette Baker made Wild Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins
- Liliana from My Cookbook Addiction made mini-cupcakes
- Carole from The Yum Yum Factor made Beet and Blue Cheese Canapes
- Charmian from The Messy Baker made Piglet Muffins
- Amy from Family Feedbag made Marmalade Poke Cake
- Brittany from My Daily Randomness made Caramel + Pumpkin Parfait
- Meg from Sweet Twist of Blogging made Carrot Apple Loaf
- Aimee from Simple Bites made Roasted Turnip Hummus
- Libby from Libby Roach Photography made Butter Baked Good’s Peanut Butter Sandwich cookie
- Robyn from Planet Byn made Milk & Cookies Shooters
Let me know if you give these maple walnut cookies a try in the comments below.