These slow cooker chicken caesar sandwiches are one of my go-to, crowd-pleasing recipes for the summer. You can make a huge amount of these sandwiches and it doesn’t require heating up your kitchen or firing up the grill because it cooks away in your slow cooker on the counter. Which is a win-win in my mind. Just set up the slow cooker in the morning, and then half an hour before dinner time, add your caesar dressing and you’ve got yourself a meal fit for a king (or a group of rowdy children if that’s more your life).
(via Instagram: keep up to date with what I’m up to on there.)
It seems as if last weekend, summer touched down in Toronto and I love it. I just want to spend all of my time outside and soak up the sun. Whether that means picnics and bike rides with friends, long walks with Soph or afternoons reading in the backyard (I’m reading Daring Greatly by Brené Brown). Is there anything better than summer weekends? I’m already counting down the days until this weekend, the first long weekend of the summer! You’ll most likely find me outside, maybe up north, with my slow cooker cooking away these chicken caesar sandwiches.
Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Salad Sandwiches are a crowd-pleasing, summer favourite.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- water (to cover chicken)
- 1/2 - 1 cup caesar dressing*
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 green onions, sliced
- lettuce and buns for serving
- Add chicken breasts and garlic powder to slow cooker.
- Cover chicken breasts completely with water.
- Cook on low heat for 4-5 hours.
- Remove chicken and dump out water. Shred chicken with two forks.
- Add chicken back to slow cooker with caesar dressing and parmesan.
- Cook on low for 30 minutes.
- Mix in fresh parsley and green onions.
*Use as much dressing for desired consistency. Start by mixing in 1/2 cup and add more as necessary. Recipe by Louisa Clements