I’ve talked about my love for Sunday dinners before, and just eating together in general. Whether that’s with your family or your friends, I think eating and sharing food with others is such an uplifting, happy experience. Someone once asked me why I cook, which is a pretty tough question to ask a food blogger. To answer the question honestly, I love to cook for myself, and my sanity, but I also love to cook because I love to share. I especially love when there are meals that are served family style, like these Bacon Roasted Chicken Breasts. They go straight from the oven to the table. Add some rice and steamed green beans and you have yourself a perfect Sunday dinner.
I hope someday, when I have a family, that we’ll have lots of fun Sunday dinners, I think it’s a pretty great way to end the week and kickoff the coming one.
Food for thought
Do you have family dinners? How do you fit them into your busy schedule?
Bacon Roasted Chicken Breasts are a simple recipe for your next Sunday dinner.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 chicken breasts
- 6 strips of bacon, sliced in half
- 8 oz white button mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- pepper for seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Add olive oil to a large casserole dish. Arrange chicken breasts on oil.
- Place 2 half strips of bacon diagonally across each chicken breast.
- Add white button mushrooms to the dish.
- Crush garlic over chicken and mushrooms.
- Add white wine and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with dried thyme and season with pepper.
Recipe by Louisa Clements