Well you might smile when I tell you that I also forgot about it last year. I guess I’m not really good with dates. I’ll put it on my iCal so I finally remember next year. I feel like I should be writing about growth and nostalgia, but let’s just leave it at this: Living Lou is a whole year older, on its own domain and full of recipes created by me for you. I’m 19 and still obsessed with food, The Beatles, Wes Anderson and Sofia Coppola. Things are basically the same here and I love it. Today I’m sharing a favourite summer recipe of Grilled Shrimp Skewers, it’s a nice way to switch up from burgers and chicken.
Looking to change up your summer grilling? Shrimp skewers take minutes to grill and will be a crowd pleaser!
- 1 lbs shrimp, with shell and tail
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne pepper and salt together in a large bowl.
- Add shrimp to the bowl and toss. Place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, skewer the shrimp pieces. I did four pieces of shrimp per skewer.
- Next, pre-heat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill the shrimp for 1 and a half minutes, flip and grill for another 1 and a half minutes. Finally, cook 1 more minute per side.