So I’m off to Greece today, for two weeks I’ve got a few posts layed out already which will be posted in the coming two weeks, but hopefully I’ll be able to do some special “International” posts… wouldn’t that be fun?
So, finally, as previously mentioned, I’m not much of a baker, so when I bake it’s usually very, very simple. These homemade cupcakes are my first time making cupcakes from scratch… yes, I am embarrassed to admit that my former self was utterly dependent on the Betty Crocker cake mixes for all cakes and cupcakes. And I have to admit, making these, I think I have officially converted from pre-mixed cakes to homemade! woo! These are seriously the easiest cupcakes in the world, and if you, like me, are used to using the mixes, seriously try this, you’ll never go back!
- 1/2 cup butter (at room temperature) cut into cubes.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the butter in a large mixing bowl and sift the dry ingredients over top.
- Using an electric mixer or stand mixer, blend it slowly together.
- Next, add in 1/2 cup of milk and the egg and beat until the flour is completely moistened.
- Add the remaining milk and vanilla and beat for another minute.
- Place the paper liners in your muffin tin and fill the cupcakes about halfway full (or a little more, I found that I didn't fill the liners enough.)
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until the toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean!
Recipe source: Cupcake Ideas Book
Let me warn you, give these away to friends because it’s very easy to get carried away, and soon enough you’ll be surrounded by cupcake liners and no more cupcakes!